Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Green Lady, The Gardening Spirit

Today, I want to explain the photograph of my ceramic Green Lady. I sculpted her of clay as a consort to my Green Man. I have made many greenmen that can be planted with all manner of plants, or, they can simply be positioned in other places in the home and garden. The greenman-woman is such an ancient symbol of the Natural Forces that drive the lives of plants and of all living creatures, so I have incorporated these ceramic images throughout my garden. The greenlady-man are the earth's healers. Others have placed these green faces in their gardens as well. I have sold many green planter-masks at the San Diego Horticultural Society and at other venues. As a living, green force, the greenman-woman is expressed so beautifully and powerfully by the great poet Dylan Thomas as the "green fuse" that drives the plant. The GREEN FUSE, how powerful! There must be a powerful, essential Force, or as the Taoists express it, a TE, in all living being, and who knows,  perhaps even in all existence? I  highly recommend "Green Man" by William Anderson and Clive Hicks, Harper Collins, a 'fantstically' complete work of greenman information and images of all times. 
   Please feel free to send questions or comments to this blog or to my email, larosamazza@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment